We are currently seeking an Event Manager to plan, administer and execute a number of successful, cost effective U.S. and international meetings. This position reports to the President. The location for this position is Miami or South Florida. International travel is required. The successful candidate would also assist in developing new business in the Florida and Latin American market.
The event manager is responsible for all facets of the event. Generally our event managers are involved at the inception of the program and will play a key role in designing the budget and suggesting venues/locations (based on space availability, rates, lift, etc.). The event manager will coordinate all pre-event logistics including, but not limited to, design and management of an internal online registration site, collateral development, supplier contracts, rooming list, food and beverage, AV/production, ground transportation and on site staffing.
Once on-site, the event manager will oversee the staff to ensure flawless execution of all details. Following the event, the event manager will thoroughly review the billing and reconcile it against the budget, calculating the overall savings achieved.
- Conference Management
- Develop marketing/planning timelines for each conference
- Work with top management to help develop and determine agendas, sponsors, speakers, panelists, presenters, audience for each conference
- Coordinate keynote speakers and panelist participation, follow ups, etc.
- Track conference/meeting revenue and expenses
- Coordinate the production of all conference binders, pocket agendas, signage, etc
- Research and negotiate with venues and various vendors
- Perform site inspections at hotels and other venues
- Negotiate hotel and other vendor contracts
- Oversee the registration process for all conferences
- Manage hotel room set up, F&B, AV equipment, guest rooms, etc.
- Manage room blocks and attrition at hotels
- Coordinate Speakers travel arrangements, etc.
- Manage the entire on-site coordination process
- 5-7 years of national or international event planning experience
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the management team
- Experience managing multiple, competing priorities, duties and/or projects
- Proven ability to accommodate evolving responsibilities and last-minute changes
- Excellent project management and time-management skills
- Ability to work well, independently and within a team environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to negotiate contracts
- Excellent fiscal responsibility
- Strong desire to successfully execute tasks, complete projects, achieve goals
- Creative thinking and dynamic problem-solving skills
- Computer competence - including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and/or Access skills
- Bilingual in English and Spanish required. Conversational Portuguese would be beneficial.
Under Graduate Degree required
Meeting Industry certification preferred (eg. CMP)
Instructions to Apply:
TSG Marketing offers a friendly work environment with a competitive salary and excellent benefit package. Send resume, career highlights - including the size and scope of meetings managed - and salary expectations to:
304 Splitrock Blvd.
Brandon, SD 57005
Back to Top
Home Contact Us Samples